-
August 1st, 2001, 02:44 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Just checking, because when I'm at hostboard, I occassionally get porn ads popping up on my screen.
Seems strange if hostboard is that deperate for advertising that they would resort to porn ads...
Just checking, if no one else is getting these, maybe I have some virus or something?
-
August 1st, 2001, 03:08 PM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ulrichsd:
Just checking, because when I'm at hostboard, I occassionally get porn ads popping up on my screen.
Seems strange if hostboard is that deperate for advertising that they would resort to porn ads...
Just checking, if no one else is getting these, maybe I have some virus or something?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why would that be strange?
The virus line is apropo.
Probably not a good thing.
I'd pay to stay.
-Alex
-
August 1st, 2001, 03:20 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Well I'm not getting any porn ads. Damn! Is that something only reserved for senior board members? What am I doing wrong?
Roger
-
August 1st, 2001, 03:23 PM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
Oh waiter....
Shhhhhh....or everyone will want them.
-
August 3rd, 2001, 02:18 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I have recently heard of a problem like this that occurs when one downloads a program not napster but like napster for music downloads.I do not recall the name .What happens is you get popups appearing as if they come from the web site you are looking at .However they are sent out from something like smart tags.
-
August 3rd, 2001, 02:23 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Quote:
[I have recently heard of a problem like this that occurs when one downloads a program not napster but like napster for music downloads. I do not recall the name .What happens is you get popups appearing as if they come from the web site you are looking at .However they are sent out from something like smart tags.]
I use a napster-like program called bearshare, pretty coold software. I think I may have gotten rid of the program, I just went into Unistaller and uninstalled a couple of programs where I wasn't sure what they were, and the ads haven't come back since.
Thanks,
Scott
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks